Ariga, Louizalaan / Avenue Louise 65, box 10, 1050 Brussels, Belgium.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ariga is a contractual cost association of lawyers, without any separate legal personality, between :
- Dodo Chochitaichvili, avenue des Tropiques, 19, 1190 Brussels, registered under company number 0840.348.513 ;
- Everel SRL, Rue de locht 105, 1030 Brussels, company registration n° 0759.559.191; and
- R.R. Feltkamp BV, Chrysantenstraat, 17, 1020 Brussel, company registration n° 898.972.442 .
The service provision to a client is based on a contractual relation with the lawyer(s) within the cost association Ariga with whom the client contracted the services, but not with Ariga or the other lawyer(s).
General terms and conditions
The services may be subject to general terms and conditions.
These general terms and conditions are governed by Belgian law and any and all disputes relating to our services shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Brussels courts.
In the event of a dispute between a lawyer and a consumer-client, the parties shall attempt to settle the dispute in an amicable way prior to initiating any proceedings. Should the dispute fail to be solved amicably, the consumer-client may refer the issue to the Mediator of the Bar Association of which the concerned lawyer is a member:
- Mediation with the Orde van Vlaamse Balies: staatsbladsstraat, 8, 1000 Brussel, email@example.com. More information can be found here: http://oca.ligeca.be/nl/
- Mediation with the Ordre des barreaux francophones et germanophone : rue haute, 139, bte 20, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found here : http://obfg.ligeca.be/fr
Fees and disbursements
We agree in advance with our clients for the service fees which vary in accordance with, among others, the experience of the lawyer, the urgency, the importance and complexity of the matter. An administrative cost may be applicable. A value added tax (VAT) is charged on all our fees.
Lawyers active within Ariga are insured for professional liability in accordance with the ethical rules.
The professional liability of the lawyers active within Ariga is covered as follows:
- For lawyers enrolled in the Dutch-speaking association: Amlin Europe NV, Koning Albert II-laan 9 1210 Brussels as leading insurer. The insurance covers the consequences of actions committed all over the world, for activities the lawyers active with Ariga execute from their office located in Belgium. The aforementioned insurance does not apply to claims against lawyers active with Ariga lodged in the United States of America or Canada or under the laws or jurisdiction of the United States of America or Canada. More information on the insurance for professional liability can be obtained by simple request.
- For lawyers enrolled in the French-speaking association: Ethias SA, having its registered office at Rue des Croisiers, 24, 4000 Liège. The insured amount is EUR 2,500,000 per claim. The geographical insurance cover is worldwide, to the exceptions of the United States of America and Canada.
Professional organisations and rules of conduct
All lawyers of Ariga are authorised to practice law in Belgium. Each lawyer is registered with one of the following professional organisations in Belgium:
- Dutch-speaking Brussels Bar: www.baliebrussel.be. The lawyers enrolled with this association are subject to the ethical rules of the Orde van Vlaamse Balies (www.advocaat.be).
- French-speaking Brussels Bar: www.barreaubruxelles.be. The lawyers enrolled with this association are subject to the ethical rules of the Ordre des barreaux francophones et germanophone de Belgique (www.avocats.be)
Information on the ethical rules can be obtained on these websites or from these Bars.
Identification of clients
Belgian legislation and ethical rules require law firms to identify their clients, principals and beneficial owners, the aim being to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism. This is without prejudice to the professional secrecy which continues to apply between the lawyer and its clients. Clients undertake to provide its lawyer with all the documents necessary to comply with these rules as specified in the provided client identification form and to inform us on any change in the information provided.